Thursday, January 15, 2009

Robert R. Best... All Kinds of Things Kill


We here at the Cadaver Lab have been very fortunate to have friends who are keeping the independent horror scene vibrant and interesting. In addition to boasting Keith Latch and Shawn Gabborin as friends of the show, we are pleased to do a piece about Robert R. Best and think of him as a friend of the show. His awesome novel All Kinds of Things Kill is currently in circulation and definitely worth talking about.

All Kinds of Things Kill is a collection of short stories that Robert R. Best has put together. I must admit that I have not read this book, instead I listened to it as an audiobook from podiobooks.com. When I first heard of this collection and downloaded the book, my first impression was that the quality of the production was top notch and the woman who reads the stories does an awesome job. Sometimes with these free audiobooks the production is a little lacking, but this book does not suffer from that.

This book is a collection of nine short stories. The topics range from cannibalism to vampires. Each story is unique and very interesting. Robert is a very talented writer and this is very apparent by the technique he uses in describing what is going on in the story. He makes it very easy for the reader,or in my case the listener, to understand and visualize what is going on in the story.

Now, I've talked about Keith Latch about this before, but I am still amazed that work like this is available for free. I get it. I get the fact that Robert is probably trying to create a following for his work, but I still can't believe that this was free. All in all, this was a very engaging book that treats the reader/listener to nine unique stories of terror.

Here is a piece of marketing for this book:

From the darkest alley to your own front yard. From the future of medical science to old-fashioned vampires and werewolves. All Kinds Of Things Kill. Nine stories of horror and fear from Robert R. Best. What will kill you?

You can download the book HERE. This is something that I highly recommend everybody does. Also, he has a new website located at http://robertrbest.synthasite.com/. It seems like the site is brand new and awaiting some content, but I have a feeling that Robert R. Best will be someone that many of us will want to keep tabs on.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment