Saturday, April 18, 2009

Dexter - Watch it Now



So Mike introduced me to one of the best written television shows I have ever seen. Dexter on Showtime is a smart, darkly humorous drama that gets your attention from the very beginning.

If you don't know, Dexter is the adopted son of a Miami homocide cop. Dexter has grown up with "urges" that have been noticed by his loving father. The cop decides to help Dexter with the urges by teaching him how to get away with murder. They develop a code that in essence says that anyone who you know has gotten away with murder can be disposed of themselves.

I am not going to go in to the plot lines at all because there are some intricate weaves that take whole seasons to resolve. Jennifer Carpenter plays Dexters step-sister. Now I am not a Jennifer Carpenter fan, but she does a great job in this. There are 3 seasons so far with 12 episodes each at about an hour. This is a must see for cable drama lovers, and anyone who has a little dark side. I still can't figure out who I pull for. I give this a bonesaw, let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment