Saturday, February 7, 2009

Friends of the Show: Angry Gnome Comics

Shawn Gabborin and his wife Stephanie are the creators of Angry Gnome Comics. Shawn does the writing while Stephanie excels at illustrating the stories that Shawn comes up with. I have to admit that the Short Stack by Angry Gnome was my first real experience with comics at all. I have purchased and read issues1-3 of their Short Stack series as well as issues 1-3 of Victor Season. Let's just say that Angry Gnome loves their stories dark!

Shawn has since recommended many other comics that I have checked out including The Walking Dead and Preacher trades. Between Shawn's original work and his recommendations, I have become a convert and I have found myself frequenting local comic shops on a regular basis.

We have recently received news that one of Shawn's stories is going to be featured in Heavy Metal Magazine! The story that will be featured is called Home Late which is written by Shawn Gabborin and illustrated by Mario Cau. It will be in Heavy Metal Magazine issue 122 which is one of their special Spring issues. HERE is a link to their special issues page. At the time of this writing, it hasn't been placed on that page yet, but hopefully it will soon. The issue is due to be available on February 10th. Note: the issue cover in this story is not the cover of the spring issue. It is the cover of the fall issue... but what a great cover!


Not only is Shawn a very talented storyteller, but he has worked very hard to get to this point in his comic career. I just want to urge everybody to purchase the spring issue and make sure to contact Heavy Metal Magazine with your thoughts on Shawn's entry to their magazine. This is a big step for Angry Gnome Comics and we prompt everybody to support them! I will definitely be purchasing this issue... and not only because it gives me a legitimate excuse to buy Heavy Metal Magazine without my wife thinking I'm just getting it to look at the hot chicks!

If you want more information on Angry Gnome Comics visit their site or go directly to their store

No comments:

Post a Comment